• Video stabilization modes – Use Locked for videos of long performances, when you want to look away from the camera. • New zoom buttons – Use zoom buttons to quickly zoom in or out. To use the full zoom slider, tap and hold a zoom button or pinch-zoom. Yes, GCam APK can be used to take photos with the front-facing camera on your Android device.
If you’re in the market for a phone running stock Android, you might be sad to hear true stock Android is pretty hard to find these days. Save for Android One handsets, which are affordable and meant for emerging markets, pretty much all devices have some modifications. This is why we’ll mainly focus on phones with a “near-stock Android” experience. Most smartphones automatically make a backup in the background.
Also, because AOSP is very barebone and lacks CPU libs and patches, it won’t even be able to boot on most phones in its stock form. However, manufacturers often stop releasing updates for the older devices. However, custom ROMs offer continued updates for the device even after its production has stopped.
- Please double-check with your device forums for variations.
- This upgrade of the application from Stock to GCam will bring a paradigm shift in your photos.
- Instructions and software for flashing any firmware downloaded from here are included in the firmware download page.
- Personally, I feel Xtended has too many features and if you like feature-packed ROMs then you can definitely give it a try.
1) Bugs- Issues https://campingcostanova.com/2023/04/18/upgrade-your-infinix-x5010-device-with-the-latest/ with modified ROMs Many people have claimed that modified ROMs are riddled with flaws. Because there will be no issues if you upgrade your smartphone with an excellent custom ROM from a trustworthy developer. And if you don’t have an excellent custom ROM, you should read up on the bug issue. There are, of course, ways to backup your Android device without rooting it, but a Nandroid backup is a complete backup.
- After rooting with KingoRoot, system data backup is available.
- Custom ROMs can provide updates to smartphones that are up to four years old or older.
- As we mentioned earlier, the best way to do this is to head over to the XDA forums for your device and look for a ROM that best suits your needs.
- Another example of Samsung’s Galaxy Note 10 and S10 phones that comes with a custom OS called as One UI.
- Download one of the compatible apk of Google Camera for your phone and see how good or bad it is in comparison to the stock camera app.
Also, if you like the custom ROM, consider donating the developer behind the work. In this method, we’ll use the Orange backup apk to make a Nandroid backup on Android.